Software Engineer I
Spun locally in Massachusetts, Universum builds software solutions that reflect on the needs of merchant ranging from small to medium sized businesses. We showcase our all-in-one Point of Sale systems which have been catering new merchant/customer experiences and enabling new platforms to doing business. We are looking forward to constantly growing and improving the value we provide to our clients along with core support, appreciated services and affordable product.
We’re looking for a passionate individual, someone excited to join us in our journey to make our mark in
the retail Point of Sale (POS) industry.
As a Software Engineer I, you will help create and maintain customer focused user interfaces for
our products. The ideal candidate will have experience developing Windows desktop applications. The
developer will consult directly with the project manager, business analyst, and other developers to design
and develop new features using C#, ASP.net in .Net Technologies, unit testing, system testing and
release management. The right candidate will be working with a small team in a great work environment
with a standard Full-time work week.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable software systems and custom components using C#, ASP.Net technologies unit testing, system testing, and release management.
- Analyze user requirements to derive technical software design and performance requirements.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standard requirements, analyze systems flow and work process, investigate problem areas
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Work collaboratively to build technical specifications and them to client facing applications.
- Participate in Agile development processes, follow best business practices for software development (continuous integration, refactoring, and code standards).
- Develop and create layouts and components using C#, ASP.Net technologies, unit testing, system testing and release management.
- Create reports, maintain, and troubleshoot the new applications.
- Perform object-oriented analysis, design, and development of new application modules.
- Perform quality assurance, test code by preparing test data, conducting test runs, and reviewing input and output data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Technical discipline, or related field or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated ability in software design, development, or related field.
- Experience with fundamental programming concepts, frameworks, languages, and technologies such as Microsoft .NET Web API, Microsoft C#, ASP.NET, Python, .NET, XML, JSON, SQL Server & web services.
- Experience with web development using .NET technologies.
- Experience working in development standards & testing tools.
- Strong qualitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Willingness to contribute ideas/suggestions to the facility.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
All qualified and interested candidates, please Apply by Mail with cover letter & resume with salary
requirement to: Universum LLC Attn: CTO, 360 Merrimack Street, Bldg 9, Ste 150, Lawrence MA 01841
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com